ROOIBOS AND ECO TOURISM:
A trip to the Cedarberg area offers the perfect breakaway for city slickers who long to leave the bright lights behind for the weekend. Only two hours north of Cape Town towers the majestic mountain range with its fascinating rock sculptures, San rock paintings and dazzling wild flower Spring-spectacle. The rugged mountains are complemented by the tranquil waters of the Clanwilliam dam - a watersport enthusiast's paradise where swimming, sailing, water-skiing and canoeing can be enjoyed to hart's delight.
Tucked away in the fertile Olifantsriviervalley, we are easily accessible to travellers end route to exploring the wild beauty of the West Coast. Situated 22 km west of Clanwilliam on the R364 towards Lamberts Bay, the estate lies a mere 40 minutes' drive from the pristine coastline of the Atlantic Ocean. Besides boasting immense bird colonies, the region prides itself on a unique brand of old fashioned hospitality.
Whether just passing through or on a mission to explore the natural beauty of the Cedarberg area, visitors to Groenkol are welcome to drop their bags, kick up their feet and enjoy the relaxed charm the estate offers
- Clean, comfortable accommodation in 3 chalets
- A rooibos and fynbos tour for the curious nature and tea lover
- A wild outdoor eating experience at the bush restaurant, "Uilkombuis"
- Mountain bike and hiking trails for the adventure enthusiast
- Bushmen paintings and sandstone caves for the historically inclined
CONTACT BRYNN FREDERICKS
TEL: +27 (0) 21 982 8555